[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4668: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4670: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4671: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4672: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3815)
IMWA — Mine Water Forum • View topic - New member W.L. Pohl

New member W.L. Pohl

Please introduce yourself to the forum community!

Moderators: Ruth Warrender, Andy Barnes

New member W.L. Pohl

Postby Walter L. Pohl » 2009-10-05, 08:57

I am working on a book titled “Economic Geology - Principles and Practice”, which overlaps in part with IMWA goals (Zero emission mining). Now Professor Emeritus, I have started my professional life as a geologist in exploration and mining. A native of Austria, I was lucky to find rewarding jobs in Australia and Africa. After some 10 years in practice, I took up an academic career which I terminated as a full professor at a Technical University in northern Germany. Now I am back at the shores of Danube River. Find more details in my website www.walter-pohl.com.
I do plead for “green” mining, and reconciliation between local stakeholders, investors in mines, and society that needs raw materials and energy.
IMWA is an important source of technical information and science which help to achieve these ambitions.
Walter L. Pohl
Walter L. Pohl

Re: New member W.L. Pohl

Postby Andy Barnes » 2009-10-06, 13:40

Hi Walter,
Welcome to the forum. I too agree with the zero emission philosophy and I will look forward to the reading your book when it comes to press.
Andrew B
Mine Water Enthusiast!
Andy Barnes
Site Admin

Postby Chris Wolkersdorfer » 2009-10-06, 15:23

Hey Andrew,

if it is his English translation or new edition of his German book about this matter I can warmly recommend this one. Here would be the German title:

Pohl, W. L. (2005): W. u. W. E. Petrascheck’s Lagerstättenlehre – Mineralische und Energie-Rohstoffe – Eine Einführung zur Entstehung und nachhaltigen Nutzung von Lagerstätten. – 5. Aufl., 527 S., 189 Abb.; Stuttgart (Schweizerbart).

and if it is not this one - I am looking forward to read more from him.

Chris
Towards the
Chris Wolkersdorfer
Site Admin

Postby Walter L. Pohl » 2010-10-11, 17:03

Dear friends,
I can report that Blackwell-Wiley "expect" to publish my Economic Geology on 11 March 2011. It is now in print. Unfortunately they did not inform me of the time of the day, maybe 11:11 hours GMT?
Regards, Walter
Walter L. Pohl

Postby Andy Barnes » 2010-10-13, 19:32

I will try and get hold of a copy! :)
Mine Water Enthusiast!
Andy Barnes
Site Admin

Return to Members